Monday, August 31, 2009

Fun time while filming!



Allow me some self-promotion here on behalf of me and my great cast of FU MANCHU'S WEAPON OF EVIL. We should be done shooting by the end of the month, slightly behind schedule, but that's okay because I'm working with such a great group of talented people, that accomodating actors' schedules is the least I can do. Six scenes left to shoot as of this writing and just two weeks after that to finish post-production because we've been editing quickly as we've been going along. I'll probably blog about this great experience at least two more times before the release, and a few afterwards. Meanwhile, check this impromptu attached photo of some of my cast, in-between scenes and just having fun.


For you techies out there, This film is being shot with a prosumer JVC Hi-Definition camera in "film" mode, which is basically a 24 frames per second frame rate to look exactly like film, not video. It's then converted to an old black and white look to mimic the style of old movie serials. So far, it really does look like an old film.. with the exception of some modern day background things inavoidably getting in there, but hey, it's the "future sci-fi" envisioned by artists of the past, so we can fudge a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment